NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday launched the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana – a flagship scheme for focused development of fisheries sector in the country with an estimated investment of ₹20,050 crore during a period of five years as part of the Atmanirbhar Bharat package.
Launching the scheme, PM Modi said that the scheme has been launched keeping in mind the trade of fish in every part of the country, in the sea and riverine areas. "For the first time such a big plan has been made in the country. The investment being made as part of PMMSY scheme in the fisheries sector surpasses all previous investments made in fisheries since Independence," said the PM.
Here is all you need to know about PMMSY:
* Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana has been made with this goal in mind. Today the scheme is being launched in 21 states of the country. Over 20 thousand crore rupees will be spent on this in the next 4-5 years. Out of this, the work of Rs 1,700 crores is starting today, announced the PM.
* The scheme is being launched in 21 states of the country. Over 20 thousand crore rupees will be spent on this in the next 4-5 years. Out of this, the work of Rs 1,700 crores is starting today, said Modi.
* In Patna, Purnia, Sitamarhi, Madhepura, Kishanganj and Samastipur, many facilities have been inaugurated and foundation stones have been laid. With this, fish producers will get new infrastructure and modern equipment opening new markets for them.
* The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi has directly transferred money to the bank accounts of more than 10 crore farmers of the country. There are also about 75 lakh farmers in Bihar. So far, about 6 thousand crore rupees have been deposited in the bank accounts of farmers of Bihar, as announced by the PM.
* The investment of Rs. 20,050 crore under PMMSY is the highest ever in the fisheries sector, as per the PMO. The project in Bihar envisages investment of Rs 1,390 crore with the centrRead More – Source